Wednesday, February 09, 2011

alright fine...

So even though I feel ridiculous even saying this - I purchased yet another self-help book. It's very cliche for a 40-something year old lezzie to sit around with her golden retriever and read self-help books on the weekend, isn't it? This one is called "Attached" and allegedly will teach me why oh why my deeply ingrained patterns are RUINING all the wonderful romantic relationships I try to maintain.

I heard the authors speak on NPR last week and they could have been talking directly to me. The neuroscience behind why I select mates, and the chemically ingrained maladaptive traits that spiral into sabotage.

Hopefully this isn't yet another touchy feely hard cover waste of my time...and the fact that none of the bookstores in town had it in stock could be a ominous sign.

Amazon just let me know that the book should arrive...just in time...for valentines day.

How fucking fitting.

I'll keep ya posted.