Thursday, February 17, 2011

my baby...



He wakes me up at 6:30 most days..
He can't find ANYTHING on his own...
He needs constant feeding and cleaning...
He comes with science fair projects, reading homework, soccer practice and math club
His shoes will always find the poo to step in
His hands will always make every surface sticky
You'll learn how to cook cupcakes without eggs
You'll witness every childhood sickness in the books
You'll worry and cry

But

You'll learn, laugh and love more than you even thought was possible. A million times more than you thought was possible.

My little man told me that they were learning all about St. Valentines last week. The culmination of the teachings was an assignment where the kids had to write a narrative about what it would be like to care about something so much you were willing to give your life to be true to your principles. He told me that after the teacher read his writing she called him over and told him that his story had made her cry. I asked him what he wrote about and he said, "Well..you!"