Thursday, February 03, 2011

no answers...

the tricky thing about life is not doing the right thing...but knowing the right thing to do. I could easily attest that most people do what they *feel* is right...or at least that is true with the people I surround myself with.

It used to be an amazing characteristic of my personality though. I was a rare person that knew the right thing to do. I was sure of my path, my heart and my choices. Somehow...age wore that certainty down to a little nub. A shiny little nub with not even a rough spot to grab hold of.

My life-long career fell away...and started the spiral of confusion.

Not that I think I'm in a bad place...it's just that my course feels uncharted and precarious. Like I'm on a game show during the agonizing pause before the host reveals the contents of the box. The entire audience holds its breath to see if the contestant will walk away a millionaire, or walk off the stage filled with second thoughts. But that dramatic pause keeps going and going and going...

I can promise you that if I had a set of operating instructions I would follow them to the letter. So any ideas would be appreciated :)

How many failed job interviews do you go on before you redo your resume? And if the girl of your dreams doesn't say "yes" do you move on or stay? I no longer have any answers. And I find it impossible to believe that I know less in my 40's than I did in my 20's...(sigh)