Monday, November 28, 2011

life without

I remember trying to work my forty hour weeks and still keep up with my two-year-old. I felt like I was underwater most days. Exhausted, happy and joyous, but exhausted. My sister slapped a diet coke in my hand and said "this is how you do baby!" And wow did that caffeine really help! Prior to that moment I was nearly vegan. And my idea of a sweet treat was barley malt sweetened graham crackers.

Those days are clearly long gone.

But now I have overdone it. Because when my little delicate body has too much caffeine, it apparently drops into a dysrhythmic state of affairs.

A heart that *should* be going all boom BOOM boom BOOM boom BOOM suddenly feels like more a slinky thrown down some stairs. booooom BOOOM BOOOM BOOOOOM BOOOOM BBOooooooOOOOOOM. As if there is a weasel stuck inside trying to claw its way out through my pericardium. Alas, as with many good things, too much can kill you.

Saying goodbye to diet coke wasn't as tough as I thought it would be...maybe when you do something really hard for the right reasons it just feels better.

And I heard a rumor that there is some sort of clear liquid flowing from the faucet in my kitchen that is allegedly good for me. I might check it out later.

Here's hoping I get back to the BOOM boom BOOM boom soon.