Thursday, February 09, 2012

big and little all at once...

I can't believe that Dooce is going through a divorce!

I have been reading her blog since I lived out west...and she would make me howl with laughter on a boring work day. She is a teeny bit bipolar...but crazy girls are fun, aren't they?

Winter is winding down and I am so so so so relieved to wake up to a warmer day now and then. My winters have typically sucked butt and this one has been no different. But my grass is reminding me to give the mower an oil change and the sunshine lasts just a touch longer...

At work the other day one of the patients rooms had 15 or 20 ladybugs crawling all around the ceiling. At first I thought they had wandered in on a bouquet of flowers but after talking with the other nurses I discovered that for some strange reason it is a regular occurrence. Once or twice a year this particular room has a wave of ladybugs. No one knows where they come from or where they go...but my oh my they are crafty little things to find their way to the third floor of a hospital with no windows that open. Certainly this had to be a lucky room! Sadly the patients were less than impressed and asked to be moved because they were convinced the lady bugs would bit them. Is that even possible?! I should google that.

I spent some time gathering up the ones I could reach and released them into a nice little wildflower patch on the hospital grounds. Because being a nurse means saving all kinds of lives: human and insect alike ;)