Saturday, April 27, 2013

secrets

All afternoon my little man was right by my side. He didn't want to play with friends...didn't want to submerge into the depths of the electronic world, didn't want to read.

I knew he was luring me into interaction because he was playing Taylor Swift ;)

But I had an agenda for the day. I had bills to pay, dishes to wash, laundry, etc, etc

The easy thing about parenting is that your kid doesn't always want you to entertain him with a puppet show...they just want you. 

So we washed the dishes together, singing silly pop songs and making bubbles with the dish soap. We changed the sheets and I even taught him how to balance a checkbook.

We had a blast together, just doing the routine things grown ups do on a mildly hung over Friday. Giggling through the mundane. If you can enjoy washing up the dinner dishes and folding a week's worth of laundry - then you can consider your day just about perfect. Anyone can have fun at Disney...but a family that can have fun paying the power bill?? Well that may just be the secret to have a pretty fucking awesome "now".



My mind did wander of course......and negativity pounced on me every few minutes. Clouding my brain with thoughts like "why in the ever loving hell would a creeper read my blog if they don't even want to talk to me?!?!?!"  or "holymotherofgod why is the doctor making me repeat my blood work without telling me why?!?" Speaking of which, I also realized that my hand wound has oozed so much over the last month that my mattress pad is LITERALLY stained. How gross is that?!?!?!?! Man I need some of these stressors to go away.

And so I practiced over and over pushing those yucky bits aside with a love list.

Things I Love:   oBvIoUsLy NOT in any order
-time with my kid
-warm breezes
-Fridays
-clean sheet day
-ruthie
-whoops.....she sneaks in there...but on a good day the best I can do is pretend her cell phone exploded but she still totally loves me...so let's just leave her on this list
-the feeling of hardwood floors under my bare feet
-mr waffles cuddle time
-chaco weather
-frozen margaritas
-gma/gpa
-my new haircut
-yoga
-epinephrine


Tomorrow my son wants to wash my car and build his own whistle from a piece of wood. He is an interesting little man.

Happy Friday y'all. And be careful...you get better at anything you practice...so choose carefully.