Saturday, March 19, 2011

and so it continues...

well my online dating has started predictably enough. There is one particular woman who POUNCED once she saw my very stunning profile. She emailed a few times, trying to pull off a casual air. The trouble with desperation though...is that it is impossible to hide.

And I found myself wondering if maybe I was being overly harsh. I mean, surely it isn't possible to accurately assess someone from a few thumbnail photos and a paragraph posted online. Why was I so quick to discount someone? My friends urged a meeting...after all, this woman was certainly not unattractive, professional, had a child and seemed to have impeccable taste in women, right?

So we emailed back and forth - but each time I dreaded composing a response. She bored me even in EMAIL! She sent me her phone number about three times and tried to convince me to meet her either "just for coffee" or perhaps with the kids for "an informal playdate".

But I think either you are drawn to someone or not...and yes, that is apparent via email and chat. And so I (as graciously as possible) let her know that I just wasn't feeling it but best of luck in her future endeavors. thanksforplayingbuhbye.

And this weekend I have time away from my little man. He is in another state having fun and frolicking! And me? Well I spent the afternoon with my adopted parents, mowed my lawn and cleaned my house. The thought did cross my mind that perhaps this type of behavior is why I am single.

So to spice things up I vacuumed naked.

Cause I ain't dead yet ;)