Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mandatory evacuation

I used the "cartoon" filter to snap a pic of my pre-surgical hand... Check out that giant cartoon boo boo!!!!

Partly I wanted to spare you want it looks like in person. You can tell it isn't normal. But I wanted to take a going away picture that didn't turn anyone's stomach. But even a cartoon version of a neoplasm isn't cute. Unless maybe I added some little bug eyes and a smile. But it's too too late in the evening (or early in the morning) for all that nonsense. 

It's crazy to have watched what I thought was a little scab, or a wart, or whatever it was slowly turning into this freakish thing that doesn't even look like human tissue...it is continually weeping and super painful and the sterotype of "a sore that never heals".

As you can see I have a few lucky bracelets working for me...and am ready to get this thing over with and start moving into spring! 

Here's wishing all of y'all a bountiful season filled with growth and...wait a minute...let me be more specific...how about "non malignant" growth...HAHAHAHAHA. HA. Ha.   ha.    h  a   h     a

Today was a day it was hard to find find gratitude. 

But four hours from now I'll have a big chunk of my hand...and a huge source of worry...out of my life! So I am grateful to be a few hours away from making this yuckiness part of my history.

And I am grateful eternally for those precious souls who hold on tight and stay. I would rather have one true blue sitting by my side tomorrow than 100 nights of amazing sex. Truth.

At this point I probably should even try to sleep!!!! BRING ON THE DAWN!