Friday, May 10, 2013

my girlfriend...

Oh how I always go back to her...my sweet brandi

she is always there for me - always understands my sadness, my grief, and doesn't even try to offer  hope. She knows that hope would burn up a truly broken heart. But to be understood - held with her words....ahhh it's enough. An under-girdle.



I will say, however, that I have lost some faith in Brandi.

Though her music has inspired me from WAY back when she was a soft butch playing in bars...but as I watched her climb into fame - I worried for her girlfriend. Brandi faithfully dated this older, police officer from Seattle. A woman who founded a non-profit. Back when it wasn't trendy.

I feared that fame would bring a new style to Ms. Carlile...and sure enough, it would seem a super model was more to her new taste. With a few grammys under her belt she dumped that cop and found herself not just a beautiful new girlfriend, but a wife.

These days, I picture her ex sitting at a bar, rambling on about how she dated Brandi...slurring through stories of those "good old days" where she patiently waited for the tours to end so Brandi would come home... even if just for a quick weekend visit. Maybe even no one even believes her stories (except the locals). Most likely everyone is tired of hearing about it.

If I were there, I would climb up on the barstool next to that cop and ask her to tell her story... then I would sympathetically hand her a hanky...and tell her I can relate.

And let's see if Brandi writes something this fucking amazing about her new "wife"....



Cause I doubt it.