Sunday, May 12, 2013

wow

Last week I had to take my precious little man to yet another in his endless stream of doctor appointments. Poor guy has been poked and prodded until he doesn't even fight it anymore.

I knew he was stressed out though. He was silent the entire ride there. Which, if you knew my son, is incredibly abnormal.

So I signed him in and filled out paperwork while he sat in the lobby and played on his phone.

After I was done with the checking in process I joined him, by plopping myself on his lap.

Yes the waiting room was full, yes he was embarrassed.

He started giggling and asked me what I was doing..."I'm nervous" I told him. "All these doctor appointments are just too much". He laughed and knew I was teasing...but he played along. He told me that the doctor would probably be nice and that even if they needed to draw blood it only would hurt "for a second". And in his faux comforting I knew he was moving through all the grown up bullshit that he has to face.

The other people in the waiting room smiled and told him he was a good boy for "comforting" his mom.

I got off his lap and let him retreat back to his phone...but he put his head on my shoulder and whispered "you're the best".

I saw this video today and it made me think of that moment...



Happy mother's day to all the moms out there...