Friday, July 30, 2010

My baby...

This is a story my son wrote last year for school. The topic he selected was based on an experience he had doing some "eagle watching" as a junior Audubon volunteer. We would go out to a protected bald eagle nest site with his gifted teacher on the weekends and record all the activity we witnessed. It was one of the most spectacular things I have ever done...

But holy cow how can a nine year old write so well?!?! Even my wonderful, perfect, handsome nine year old!?!?!

Translation below for those who can't make out the original...and yes I corrected the spelling because I am OCD like that - LOL!




Riding in a black and white car under the canopy each leaf looks like a star glistening in the warm rays of the sun. Finally we were here! Each cloud hopped like a rabbit across the sky. I walk along the moist grass brushing against my feet felt like silk tickling me. My mom and me walk over to where we could observe the majestic bald eagle. I set up the telescope camera just right so I could see its nest. It looked like woven gold swaying in the wind. It takes weeks to make. Suddenly I saw a fuzzy image of a bald eagle zooming across the landscape in the blink of an eye. I took dozens of blurry pictures but I was not fast enough. It only rested for a heart beat. My camera could not focus that fast. Only one more picture "click" got it!!!!!!!!! And that's the time I got a rare picture of the bald eagle.


I am so proud to spend time with my son...so proud to see the kind of person he is turning into :)